6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Learn how to stand up paddleboard this summer! Our introduction to stand up paddleboarding course teaches you the basic skills and knowledge to safely paddle in calm sheltered waters. Skills covered include mounting, kneeling, standing on a board, forward and turning strokes, safety awareness, carrying and loading boards, and more!
Paddlers will be awarded with the Paddle Canada Basic SUP Certification, which prepares you for our other stand up paddleboarding skills courses, such as our advanced flatwater SUP skills course. Also included is a one day SUP rental on any day of your choice, so you will have plenty of extra time to practice your new paddling skills!
Age/Physical Requirements: Participants must be at least 12 years old and should be in reasonable physical condition.
- Stand up paddleboard, paddle, leash, PFD, and whistle.
- 2.5 hours of SUP instruction from certified and experienced Paddle Canada instructors
This course will run with a maximum of 6 students per instructor. See our course calendar for additional course dates.
Gear and Clothing
We provide the technical paddling gear that you will need appropriate to the course as part of your course costs:
- Brand name paddleboards by Blue Planet, and Riviera.
- Adjustable paddle, leash, PFD, and signal whistle.
- You are welcome to bring and learn on your own paddling gear if you have it.
You will need to bring your own personal gear and clothing for the session:
- Cold water immersion clothing is a must. As a minimum we recommend a shorty style neoprene wetsuit or one-piece neoprene paddle top combined with neoprene shorts or leggings.
- For warmer season/conditions: quick-dry or warm-when-wet outdoor athletic gear. Think paddle tops, rashguards, breathable hiking layers, merino wool, boardshorts, athletic swimwear.
- Insulating layers, weatherproof shell layers.
- Towel and warm, dry change of clothes (just in case!)
- Secure protective footwear such as water shoes, paddle shoes, neoprene paddle/surf booties or sport sandals.
- Headwear: sun hat, toque (warm hat), sunglasses with straps.
- Any personal first aid, medications, sunscreen etc.
- Waterproof and floatable camera.
- High energy snacks, drinking water.
804 Murdock Road
Course Date & Time
July 26, 2017
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Bookings are closed for this event.
Event details and payment information will be sent to you through email.
Download event iCal